Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is it OK not to use the I/O panel (the thin metal sheet with holes in it) when building a new computer?

I bought a used motherboard and the I/O panel was apparently for a different motherboard. The holes didn't match the motherboard connector jacks (keyboard, mouse, USB ports, sound, etc). I don't see a reason why I can't just skip it, but I might be missing something.Is it OK not to use the I/O panel (the thin metal sheet with holes in it) when building a new computer?
Nope it's not important. Same thing happened to me with a Foxconn mobo.Is it OK not to use the I/O panel (the thin metal sheet with holes in it) when building a new computer?
not really needed.
The panel is pretty much just to keep dust out and sometimes provides info on what each port is for. Unless you'll be using it in a particularly dusty environment, I wouldn't worry about leaving the panel off, as it doesn't ';connect'; to the motherboard or anything. It's just a hunk of metal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment