Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Where can I find small pieces of flexible steel sheet metal?

I need to line the inside of a curved piece of plastic so I can apply magnets to the other side of it. Looking for about 8';x11'; or so. It needs to be flexible so I can mold it to the curve of the plastic.Where can I find small pieces of flexible steel sheet metal?
Home improvement stores, building suppliers. You need what is commonly called ';valley tin';. Maybe get it from a roofing contractor? It is used to make flashing around chimneys and to flash roofs on additions to houses.Where can I find small pieces of flexible steel sheet metal?
HAHA, drive around your block with a tin snips, and find someone throwing out an old stove or washer and drier, that sheetmetal is a1 to use
Any major home improvement store or hardware store carries small pieces of sheet metal. Also a plumbing and heating company will have sheet metal also..... Hope this helps..................UJN
I recommend ';shim stock material';. You can buy it online at a place like www.mcmaster.com. Make sure that you get the steel kind because it is available in aluminum, copper brass etc.
Check with a heating and air conditioning shop. What you want is called ';panning'; metal. Very thin and flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment