Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'm looking for something to cut 16 gauge sheet metal. What would be the best afforable tool for the job?

Thanks in advance.I'm looking for something to cut 16 gauge sheet metal. What would be the best afforable tool for the job?
jigsaw, they are cheapI'm looking for something to cut 16 gauge sheet metal. What would be the best afforable tool for the job?
There are abrasive blades available for circular saws, They cost about $2 each. They don't last very long so depending on the work ahead of you ........ get a few extra. Or you can simply turn your wood cutting blade around backwards. This makes alot of racket and throws metal and sparks all over. Also it will ruin the blade so you'll have to buy another before any wood cutting projects. Make sure you have safety glasses and earplugs. I would also reccomend long sleeve shirt while cutting.
I have a metal cutting blade for my ';Skill Saw';. I find it very useful in just about all the metal cutting jobs around the shop!
4in grider, cost about $35 at lowes,


dont forget your safety glasses priceless.................

No comments:

Post a Comment