Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Should I use sheet metal or what else to prevent rain water damaging my house siding along the base?

I am ready to replace my house sidings, but wanted to make sure they don't get damaged by rain water again easily. Should I use a layer of sheet metal along the base? Or what materials is best?Should I use sheet metal or what else to prevent rain water damaging my house siding along the base?
I'd have to see your situation to accurately respond, but most damage is caused by poor construction techniques and/or lack of maintenance. Hardiplank cement siding wouldn't rot, for sure, but maybe water to splashing underneath the siding too. I first install a galvanized j-mold at the bottom to protect the sheathing behind the siding, then I install the siding.Should I use sheet metal or what else to prevent rain water damaging my house siding along the base?
Dumb question, but do you have gutters and downspouts? If you don't, anything you do won't work.





And, do you have anything on the ground to eliminate splashing? Rocks, grass.
Most exterior sidings that I know of are impervious to damage from rain water.Sheet metal is an option.I would need to know what look you are going for and what damage you are trying to prevent to answer you better.Feel free to e-mail me.
  • sell makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment