Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When do I use stoneware and when should I use metal sheet pans?

I have both from The Pampered Chef, but there has to be a guide out there as to what cooks best on stoneware and what cooks better on a metal sheet pan.When do I use stoneware and when should I use metal sheet pans?
I believe that the metal sheet pans were brought into the line as a lighter-weight alternative to the stoneware. I have not used the sheet pans, but I have been told that they should cook about the same as the stoneware - they're just lighter to take out of the oven. I think the main test would be the size and shape and quantity of the food you're cooking and whether you need the deeper sides of the stoneware.





Surprisingly, a lot of people do not realize that the stoneware can be used in the microwave, so that is one instance where you would use the stone over the metal. Personally, I think the Deep Covered Baker is the best piece of stoneware you can have in the summertime. It can bake a 5-pound chicken in the microwave in about 45 minutes without heating up the kitchen.When do I use stoneware and when should I use metal sheet pans?
love my pampered chef stoneware. I don't bake in glass or metal anymore. I love most of pampered chef's products but their stoneware has to be the bomb!!!


The medium bar pan makes a perfect batch of box brownies.


Until your pans get sufficiently seasoned and dark I use a little bit of cooking spray.





The muffin pan and the loaf pan are great. Things cook up so evenly and nice.


The baking dishes are great too. Any kind of casserole or baked meal works so great in them. They hold the heat so nicely and cook so evenly.


I can't say enough nice things about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment