Thursday, March 11, 2010

I bought a sheet of metal how do I bend and cut it?

I don't have any advanced tools, so please only state techniques with tools that the average person has.I bought a sheet of metal how do I bend and cut it?
to cut, you need shears


to bend you need a brake





if you use hand tools, you will have nasty edges that will take a LOT of work to clean up.


Without a brake, you will not get clean corners.





You can make a brake with angle iron, it will take some reseach to learn how to make a brake.I bought a sheet of metal how do I bend and cut it?
Cut it with ';tin snips';





http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/di鈥?/a>











To bend, I've clamped a piece of 2x4 to each side, on both sides of the bend, clamp two c-clamps to one side for a handle, and bend it with that.
What kind of metal? Some metals bend more easily than other--some you can use your hands, others you need a tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment